Full form of MBBS in medical terms – Full Form, Meaning, and Definition
The full form of MBBS in medical is BACHELOR OF MEDICINE AND BACHELOR OF SURGERY.
MBBS is a 5.5-year undergraduate programme took by students who want to become a doctor. This course consists of 4.5 years of academics and 1 year of internship.
Admission to this professional degree on medical science is based on the entrance exam NEET.
The minimum requirement for MBBS is that a student should have scored at least 50 percent marks in 12th standard with physics, chemistry and biology as subjects.
How to prepare for the MBBS entrance exam?
Here are some tips to crack the NEET exam for MBBS
- Know the syllabus of the exam thoroughly.
- Prepare your own convenient time schedule.
- Follow NCERT books.
- Solve previous year’s question papers.
- Focus more on weak areas.
- Lastly, revise the entire syllabus.
What are the Courses covered in MBBS?
- Community Medicine
- Forensic Medicine
- Clinical postings inwards
What are the Job profiles available after MBBS?
Along with the medical industry, MBBS also teaches the ethical principles to be followed during practice. After MBBS you can opt for the following job roles based on your specialization:
- Junior Surgeons
- Medical Professor or Lecturer
What are the top MBBS colleges in India?
- Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research, Puducherry
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Maulana Azad Medical College (MAMC), Delhi
- Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Mangalore
Why NEET exam is important?
NEET exam is conducted to determine students who can pursue their careers in the medical field and is the single entry point for all the medical and dental colleges in India.
NEET offers a total of 66000 seats across the various government and private colleges.
Is MBBS enough to be a doctor?
Although MBBS is fine at its own but in today’s time it is better to pursue MD. A MBBS doctor can not have as much knowledge as a MD doctor. In the field of medical it is better to be specialized in one particular area.
For example, a MBBS doctor legally cannot perform certain surgeries without PG degree. Also, it’s not a bad choice to have further studies and gain more knowledge.
What’s the difference Between MBBS and BDS?
BDS is the abbreviation for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. Students who want to become a doctor can go for MBBS whereas students who want to go for dentistry can pursue BDS.
What is the difference Between MBBS and MD?
- MBBS is an undergraduate course designed to train students in the field of medicine whereas MD is the master degree or postgraduate degree on medicine. A student can only become a MD after completing the MBBS to obtain training on specialized topics like gynecology, obstetrics etc.
- MBBS is completed within 4 years in most of countries whereas MD is completed typically in 2 years.
- MBBS graduates are sometimes not allowed to perform few specialized things what a MD doctor can legally do.
- Sometimes MBBS doctors might have to work under MD doctors
- People nowadays prefer MD doctors over MBBS graduates.